MomWise

A very wise mom shared some Mom Wisdom with me and it applies more often than I would like to admit. Here goes: "There is nothing more humbling than children."

Monday, May 08, 2006

Normal Mom

I have one player on my soccer team that I pick up and take to practice every week. Her mom then comes up to practice and brings her home. She lives very close. No big deal.

Every time I show up to pick her up her mom is surprised. It completely cracks me up. The lady runs a day care out of her house. She has probably 8 kids.

Last week we got there to pick up her daughter and there was a note on the door saying they were playing in the backyard. I went in the backyard and there she was at the swing set with all "her" kids. She looked at me with that surprised look.

her: "You are early." She insisted.

me: "No, really not. Practice starts in 5 minutes."

her: "Ok. Take my daughter and I will meet you out front with her water in a minute."

me: "Ok" I take her daughter and we both get in the car with my kids.

her: She comes flying out of the house with the water bottle in her hands. She comes up to the car and hands it to me. "Ok, I can't find my car keys. If I don't show up to practice can you just bring her home?"

me: "I love you because you are so normal!"

She did find the keys and come get her daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home