MomWise

A very wise mom shared some Mom Wisdom with me and it applies more often than I would like to admit. Here goes: "There is nothing more humbling than children."

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bring It On Old Lady!

My 7 year old soccer team had practice last night. We had a great time. We played opposite day and there was lots of giggling (6 first grade girls).

We play 4v4 for our games. 2 girls did not show up to practice so the assistant coach and I played in the scrimmage at the end of practice. I always like to play in the scrimmage. I make monster noises and act silly. We all laugh and have fun.

So, last night I was chasing one of the players as she was dribbling down the field. She yells out, "Bring it on old lady."

It was funny. The crowd (parents) got a kick out of it.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL..hey I bet she's impressed that an "old lady" like you can keep up with her! And I'm an old lady, too. ;)

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Sheri & SuZan said…

    That is too funny! Ah, those were the years. That was the age that my daughter started soccer. She's 15 now and a few of the girls from her very first team play on the high school team with her. It seems like just yesterday! You sound like a fun coach!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Mrs. Flinger said…

    HI! I found you on Texasbelle and had to stop in. I think I heart you. I'm a native texan working in the IT field with an 18 month old and I'm not bitchy, just snakry. :-)

    I have to bookmark you to come back. YEY for more cool blogs to keep me from working. :-)

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trisha, I saw your comment at Mrs. Moguls, and when I read "serve mimosas and powdered donuts," I knew I had to come check you out. You're my kind o' mama!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home