MomWise

A very wise mom shared some Mom Wisdom with me and it applies more often than I would like to admit. Here goes: "There is nothing more humbling than children."

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ask Me How I Broke My Finger

Running with the dog! Guh!

My dog hates and I mean hates other dogs. She is super sweet and loves people but she just hates other dogs.

I had her on a leash and I was running along. I look up and see a boxer and a yellow lab coming at me. No owner. I yell at them but there was no stopping them. It was like a train wreck. I knew what was going to happen because my dog is also a badass.

I gave her the slack in the leash. She kicked both of their assess and sent them on their way crying. I started to run again. Then I start thinking, "Hmmm, my finger hurts." I get home and it was throbbing. Now it has doubled in size.

The doctor gave me a splint and told me it would feel better in about 2 weeks.

Good times!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trisha, that stinks! Me thinks you are the badass, though, for continuing to run with a broken finger! Hope it heals quickly.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Mrs. Flinger said…

    No way!! I'm going for a run this evening. I'll be sure to NOT bring any dogs with me, just in case someone ELSE has a dog that hates dogs.

    Ouch.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Bridgermama said…

    I hope you heal quickly. That would be my luck, I would finally get up the gumption to get some exercise and then I would break a bone. You see, it is so much easier to be a lazy-ass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home