MomWise

A very wise mom shared some Mom Wisdom with me and it applies more often than I would like to admit. Here goes: "There is nothing more humbling than children."

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Holy Triathlon Training!

I Effing Signed Up! Ok, it is real. I signed up for the Danskin Sprint Triathlon in June! I am committed (or should that be I need to be committed!). Now I have to get in shape!

I went for a crummy 2.5 mile run yesterday. Granted it was record heat here - 100 degrees and I went at 11am but I nearly died and it took me 30 minutes. I took the Dalmatian with me. She nearly died too. She is just now ready to talk to me again. I think her legs are sore (I took her Sunday and Monday) because I keep seeing her stretch!

I went for an 11 mile bike ride this morning. That took an hour and we skipped the last hill because my friend’s knee was hurting. I feel fairly good on the bike.

I have not been in the water in about a month. It seems too much to ask for me to get off my ass and drive to the gym for a swim. I was doing that in the winter (if you can call it that here!) but when the weather is nice it is faster and easier to just go outside.

What the hell was I thinking?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am in total awe of you! I'll admit that I poked fun a bit yesterday on my blog at the women in my office training for a triathlon...and they don't have kids to juggle yet either. I bow down to your athleticism and determination! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home