MomWise

A very wise mom shared some Mom Wisdom with me and it applies more often than I would like to admit. Here goes: "There is nothing more humbling than children."

Monday, April 17, 2006

Soccer Fun Night or NOT!

Soccer Girl's soccer league has Fun Nights every now and then. It is basically free training where you just show up and train with whoever else shows up. The sessions are led by professional trainers who just do a bunch of fun soccer drills and games.

So there was one set up for last night. I asked both of my kids if they wanted go. They both did. So I am getting them packed up to head over to the soccer fields. I had a bad day at work so everything was going wrong. I realize the folding chairs are in DadWise's car and he is at work. I, very rationally, call him up and chew him out for having the chairs as soon as he answers the phone. Poor guy! Anyway, I told (not asked) him to bring a chair to me on his way home.

I get to the soccer fields and they are still gathering. We get out of the car and both of my kids cling to me. They are both throwing a complete fit making me look like the worst parent ever. It is almost as if I had forced them to come do something fun. Eff!

Basically we went back and forth for about 5 minutes and end up leaving and going back to the house. I tell the kids they have to go out in the backyard and play. I pour a glass of wine and head out to the back patio to sit and unwind. I am watching the kids blow bubbles and relaxing.

The phone rings. It's DadWise. He says, "You're home?" I say, "yeah, it was miserable. I got there and the kids made me look like the worst parent ever and we came back home. I am on the back patio having a glass of wine." DadWise, "Oh that's nice. I am at the soccer field with your chair looking for you!"

Oops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home